Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Dan Lepard's Carrot, Orange & Pistachio Cake


It often happens that there's people coming round for a lazy lunch on a Sunday, I've already cooked everything I need to, but then I decide I need to make a cake too. Just in case. In case of what? I don't know. In case someone suddenly needs cake. And it seems that many people, when they see cake, do suddenly need cake. Cake never goes to waste.



And so it was that after a sleepy Sunday morning, everything ready and prepared for the arriving friends, I set about making Dan Lepard's carrot, orange and pistachio cake. This means they arrive to a scene of chaos rather than the scene of calm that had existed previously. Dan's little introduction to this recipe is so charming that the irresistible immediately becomes a necessary requirement in one's life. As an added bonus there's a little bit of health tucked away in this layer cake. I left off the top layer of icing as a nod to that vague notion. I'm not sure it counts as a health food but it's near enough for me.



Luckily for you, the recipe can be found here. That's your bank holiday weekend sorted. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg