Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Semlor


B mentioned a few times that he'd like me to make Rocket & Squash's semlor. (If you don't read this blog already start now). I nodded and carried on as before as often as I could. Then he offered to help me make them, and then there was no way out. So we made them. And now I regret not making them before. They are heavenly. Little soft, pillowy, sweet, gently spiced buns filled with freshly whipped cream and sugary almond paste. Maybe I should listen to B's food request more often. I'm not sure it would be good for the waistline, but life would be even more delicious. 




Ed Smith's recipe can be found here. Along with his always amusing commentary. Put aside a few hours next weekend to make a few Swedish buns. And please drop one on my doormat when you've finished as a little thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg