Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Comme à Lisbonne



I turned up in Paris with a long list of things to eat, and a smaller list of things to do. I hadn't been back to my favourite of all cities since I lived there a couple of years ago. There were places to revisit and new places to discover, but not enough time to do them. My prioritising skills came into their own.

The first coffee à Paris had to be drunk tucked away in the Marais at Comme à Lisbonne. I discovered this haven of Portuguese custard tarts, coffee and a few other treats for sale on one of my last weekends living in Paris and kicked myself for not finding it earlier. Many more custard tarts and coffees would have been welcomed into my Parisian life.

A tray of custard tarts sits at the front of the shop, with a coffee machine behind it and two little stools and a counter running down the side. People will drop in and pick up their box of pastéis de nata while you fill the space sipping on a wonderful coffee and nibbling the best pastéis de nata to be found outside of Lisbon.

Comme à Lisbonne, 37, rue du roi de Sicile, 75004, Paris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg