Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Baking Brioche


For at least one of the 24 hours we spent in Paris last month we were mooching around La Trésorerie. This beautiful space is quite literally a 'treasure trove' of homeware, cookware and bakeware. 

If I had an empty Parisian flat, it would be filled with everything from La Trésorerie. As I, sadly, don't have a little flat to fill en France, I had to be slightly more selective in my purchases than I would have liked to have been. One irresistible birthday present for myself was a brioche mould. Parisian breakfasts can now be enjoyed back in east London.

Following Justin Gellatly's classical and brilliant brioche recipe, a day or so after starting this process, a blossoming, warm, buttery loaf came out the oven and filled the kitchen with the most wonderful smell.

So Parisian breakfasts were a treat for a few days until we'd eaten our way through our brioche supplies, smeared with black cherry jam or dunked in a big mug of coffee. I need more breakfasts like this, so I think this weekend is going to be spent baking more brioche.


La Trésorerie, 11 rue du château d'eau, Paris





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg