Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Cereal Milk Soft Serve, Milk Bar


When B & I finally agreed that we were going to move to NYC, one of the first things I did was order myself a copy of Christina Tosi's Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook. I then spent many, many hours on the sofa reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading the recipes for cereal milk ice-cream, for the rainbow sprinkle filled birthday cake, for the compost cookies...

It therefore came as no surprise to those who have to live with me that two days in to our New York adventure, I had already made it to Milk Bar to finally taste the wondrous cereal milk soft serve that I'd read so, so much about.


The people working in here must have thought I was completely crazy as I had the widest, most excited smile across my face when they handed us over our order, cereal milk with crunch (for B), and cereal milk with sprinkles (for me). Photographs had to be taken quickly as I couldn't stand one more second of waiting to try this ice-cream. And, thankfully, this was with good reason: life in NYC can never be sad when Milk Bar is always only a few minutes away.

Milk Bar Williamsburg, 382 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn, 11211 (check here for other locations).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg