Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Sunday 11 October 2015

Brown Butter Baked Doughnuts


One of the many superfluous baking items I put on our wedding registry was a baked doughnut pan. After a long time of B despairing of my choice of gift requests, and me remaining insistent that this is what I really, really wanted, someone bought it, and a few days later it arrived on our doorstep, making me a very, very happy bunny (thank you R and M!). 


I set about following Joy the Baker's recipe for Brown Butter Baked Doughnuts with a Chocolate Glaze. Topped with rainbow sprinkles (this is America so that's totally allowed, in fact, it would be strange if they were sprinkle free over here), and eaten with a morning coffee, it's safe to say B has come round to the idea that this doughnut pan may just be a very useful bit of kitchen equipment after all. 


The brown butter and nutmeg in the doughnut batter make them nutty and warming, and the chocolate glaze shines beautifully, and sets perfectly. We only have one left now: I've got a feeling there's going to be a fight over the last bite.


Joy the Baker's recipe can be found here. I'll be trying out her other baked doughnut recipes very soon. Probably this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg