Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Thursday 1 October 2015

Cookie Madness


When we walked into Whisk, I thought we may have walked into heaven. This kitchenware shop in Williamsburg is packed full of pots and pans, knives, spoons, whisks, bowls, muffin trays, cake tins, and rows and rows of cookie cutters.


I got a little carried away and walked out with an armful of American-themed cookie cutters. I couldn't resist. And now I keep thinking of how many more I want need and the list has got so long that I think I should start a cookie cutter company. Anyone want to invest in me? 


The weather has turned grey and windy and wet in NYC in the last two days, so I've been happily holed up in my kitchen, baking cookies, covering them with icing and sprinkles, and eating a few too many. A sugar crash is coming my way very soon. I think another coffee and cookie will help keep me going for a little while longer though...


To make your own crazy fun cookies at home, I recommend following Molly Yeh's cookie recipe, and then covering them with a super simple water icing (simply whisk together sieved icing powdered sugar and a few drops of water to reach the right consistency), and then go decorating mad. Yippee!


Whisk, 231 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg