Honey and
Ricotta
food, life, ramblings

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Spice Cakes with Marzipan Cream Filling & Raspberries


Flicking through the Honey & Co Baking Book is like walking through a dream land filled with the prettiest sweet treats. Every recipe got marked with a little post-it, completely defeating the purpose of marking them. 


I started baking my way through the book based on what ingredients I had in my cupboard right that very second. Some of the most tempting recipes required more ingredients or baking tools than I had, so it was a happy, happy moment when on Christmas day I unwrapped a bundtlette (yes, that is a word) pan from B. It didn't take me long to set about baking these gorgeous little spice cakes that I had been gazing at fondly for a few weeks before.


They come together crazily easily and fell out the tin with no stress or stickiness. Piped full of marzipan cream these mountainous mini cakes just needed a couple of raspberries (yes, I know it's not the right season but they were a necessary decoration here, okay?) and a sprinkling of icing sugar snow, to make them Instagram-ready. Sitting down to eat my own beautiful bundtlette made me feel like a princess, being treated to the most magical cake in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg